It may be you simply need a few acres of grazing and a loosebox for one or two much-loved ponies. On the other hand, you could be an international show jumping or dressage competitor searching for a yard that has everything – floodlit manege, horse walker, indoor arena, exercise track, horsebox parking space, and several paddocks. Racing stables, studs, polo venues, livery yards and riding schools are all within our scope, whether you are selling or buying.
Sell your property with Fenn Wright
Feedback from people who sell their homes through us shows that we are widely trusted for the accuracy of our valuations. Getting the price right is essential to attracting motivated buyers, and is the first crucial step to a successful sale. We will also advise on any development potential, or affordable improvements to maximise the selling price.
Request a market appraisal
The equestrian branch of our Signature team is led by Martin Freeman FRICS. He and members of the Signature team, based at all our offices along the A12 corridor, use the latest marketing techniques as well as tried and trusted methods of advertising properties for horse lovers.
- In addition to this Fenn Wright website, we manage our own specialised site equestrianproperty4sale.com, used by top- quality equestrian property agents across the UK
- EP4S are sponsors of Horse and Hound’s on-line property portal where our equestrian properties are featured.
- We also sponsor sporting events throughout Essex, including Point-to-Point racing at Marks Tey, where the course is owned by David Sherwood who is a Consultant to Fenn Wright and whose family are well-known in the racing world
- We use major online marketing websites including Zoopla, which powers other portals such as Primelocation, The Times and The Evening Standard, and the equally influential Rightmove
- We advertise extensively in the local and national press, including appropriate magazines and commercial publications. We have good contacts with editorial departments and our properties are featured in articles in relevant publications such as The Field, Country Life and Horse and Hound
- Our town centre offices display high quality photos of all homes on our books and dispense the beautiful brochures we prepare to maximise your home’s appeal. These contain impressive photography, precise descriptions and floor plans
- We have a showcase in Mayfair to serve buyers from the vitally important London market.
If you need professional advice regarding your equestrian property for purposes other than selling or buying we have experts on hand to guide you. Our surveyors produce reports compliant with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors’ Red Book requirements.
- Applied tax valuations
- Compulsory purchase and compensation advice
- Expert witness
- Inheritance tax
- Landlord and tenant
- Loans, mortgages and financial advice
- Matrimonial and partnership dissolution
- RICS Homebuyer reports, surveys and valuation
If you are thinking of expanding your equestrian facilities, or changing your property to equestrian use, receiving the correct planning advice will save you time and money. Contact us for:
- Appraisal and feasibility studies
- Local Development Framework representations
- Negotiations with local authorities
- Planning appeals and other planning matters
- Planning and listed building applications
- Spotting opportunities to enhance value
We offer surveys tailored to any requirement in the equestrian world. These range from the straightforward HomeBuyer Report to more detailed structural surveys:
- Boundary advice
- Building insurance valuations
- Building surveys
Contact us for help dealing with ratings appeals for non-domestic rate demands.
The letting of equestrian property requires specialist knowledge. With our in-depth knowledge of trends and market conditions, we can simply find you a suitable tenant, or offer you a full management package. We are experts in preparing lettings agreements for all types of equestrian and rural enterprises from riding schools to grazing land.