UK and France
Fenn Wright operate what we believe is the first (and widely regarded as the foremost) agency in the United Kingdom specialising in the sale, acquisition, rental and valuation of fisheries and other water-related property and leisure businesses. These are all featured on the nation’s best known fishery sales-related website, www.fisheries4sale.com
. Our sister website frenchwatersideproperties4sale.com
markets fisheries and waterside properties across the whole of France. We are also affiliated to the international website watersideproperties.com. We are the only firm of Chartered Surveyors in the country who specialise in fisheries.
As we have visited more than 1,000 water-related properties and businesses, we’ve seen a lot of water flow under the bridge! We have marketed famous stretches of trout and salmon beats on spectacularly beautiful rivers, coarse and game fisheries, former gravel pits and reservoirs all over the country. Fish farms, leisure developments including lodge and caravan complexes, and venues for water sports are all within our area of expertise. We are also happy to assist you in finding the waterside property of your dreams.
We adopt the most up to date methods of online marketing, but also advertise in the local and national press including specialist magazines such as Trout and Salmon, Angling Times, and Angler’s Mail.
Recently, we were pleased to be instructed to sell the country’s largest fishery portfolio, CEMEX Angling, involving the disposal of 23 established fisheries set in a total of approximately 1,039 acres of land across the eastern and south eastern counties of England. With a combined guide price in excess of £7.4m, all 23 are now sold, many well in excess of their guide price.
In view of his high level of qualifications and expertise, Fenn Wright Partner and fisheries specialist Martin Freeman is often called upon to act as Expert Witness in niche issues involving waterways and associated businesses. Maintaining high levels of professional development required in this role, he and his team can offer in-depth and up-to-date advice to owners, sellers and buyers on all topics relating to fishery businesses, including on matters such as:
- Valuation – RICS Red Book valuations and reports for purposes of sale, raising finance, property division, compensation claims
- Dwellings – advice on building a house on site for owner or manager, agricultural occupancy restrictions and removal
- Planning - applications for business expansion, houses on site, outstanding issues of agricultural occupancy etc.
- Holiday accommodation – suitability, viability and costings
- Fishery design – improving facilities for visitors
- Landscaping – for conservation, ease of management, enhancing amenity and capital value
- Fishery consultancy – independent appraisals of fisheries.
Further detail on all the above can be found on www.fisheries4sale.com