Chartered Surveyors, Estate Agents, Property Consultants

RICS Surveys overview

Property search

Equestrian property Fisheries specialists New homes experts
Anyone buying a property can commission a chartered surveyor to carry out an RICS HomeBuyers Report (Survey or Survey & Valuation) or RICS Building Survey - the choice of which depends on the property type and condition.  

Why you should choose a RICS Survey

• RICS advice is impartial, reliable and adheres to the RICS Standards of Practice
• Peace of Mind; you are aware of any risks associated with the property
• Confidence in your offer; reflects the true nature of the property and any repair costs

Fenn Wright offers both types of Surveys

1. RICS HomeBuyers Report (Survey)

This is the most popular survey and is suitable for a modern property, or a standard older building in a reasonable condition.  

 The report includes:
• The condition of the property
• Offers guidance to legal advisors
• Highlights any urgent defects
• Advice on defects that may affect the value of the property with repairs and ongoing maintenance advice

For more detailed information click here.

RICS HomeBuyers Report (Survey & Valuation)

As RICS HomeBuyers Survey Report above, but also including:

• Provides a market valuation
• Advises Insurance rebuild costs

For more detailed information click here.

2. RICS Building Survey

The RICS Building Survey (formerly known as a structural survey) is particularly useful for older, larger or non-traditional properties, and those that have been extensively altered - or if the buyer is planning a major conversion or renovation.
This is the most comprehensive report and provides an in-depth analysis of the condition of the property and includes defects, repairs and maintenance advice.

For more detailed information click here.

To discuss further with our chartered surveyors or find out our survey fees, please call a Fenn Wright surveyor today on 01206 245 895 or complete our Quick Quote form.

Website by Itineris