Chartered Surveyors, Estate Agents, Property Consultants

Which Survey is right for me?

Property search

Equestrian property Fisheries specialists New homes experts
Having a survey is crucial whether you plan to live in the property, rent it out or sell it. Knowing the difference between a Mortgage Valuation, a RICS HomeBuyers Report (Survey or Survey & Valuation) and a RICS Building Survey is key.

A bank/lenders valuation report is a limited check on the property that your mortgage lender carries out to ensure it’s worth the money they are intending to lend to you. There may be defects in the property that would cost a large amount to put right – and they might not appear in the valuation report.

That is why it’s important to have a RICS HomeBuyers Report (Survey or Survey & Valuation) or RICS Building Survey:

RICS HomeBuyers Report (Survey or Survey & Valuation) is designed for more modern conventional houses, bungalows or flats, built from common building materials and in a reasonable condition. Read more detail on the RICS Homebuyers Report (Survey) or to find out more about the RICS Homebuyers Report (Survey & Valuation) click here

RICS Building Survey, formally called a structural survey, is designed for older, large or run-down properties, buildings that are unusual or altered. It costs more than a HomeBuyers Report because it gives a longer more detailed inspection and report. Read more detail on the RICS Building Survey.

For a no obligation chat about choosing a survey, or for house survey costs, please call a Fenn Wright surveyor today on 01206 245 895 or complete our Quick Quote form.

Website by Itineris