Salary: Competitive package + benefits
Closing Date: 1 March 2019
This new post is based at our head office in Stanway. The office is conveniently located for transport links and offers free staff car-parking.
Working within a friendly and collaborative finance team of four, approximately 40-50% of your responsibilities will be property management accounting and the rest of your time will be spent on the firm’s purchase ledger and other general accounting activities.
Reporting to the Assistant Accounts Manager, your role will be:
- Carrying out the property accounting function in respect of commercial properties managed by Fenn Wright using the TRAMPS system.
- To account to clients for monies within the framework of the RICS Client Money Regulations
- Service charge accounting and reconciliation: maintaining service charge records for managed properties and providing annual service charge reconciliations for Management Surveyors’ approval within specified time limits.
- Purchase ledger invoice coding and posting
- Carrying out purchase payment runs
- Full electronic document management
- General assistance in wider accounts activity to support annual leave and busy periods
- A knowledge of property management and service charges accounting and reconciliations is desirable. This could be either in relation to commercial property or residential blocks management
- Sound experience of ledger postings (invoices/receipts/payments), analysis and document control
- Bank Reconciliations
- Meeting strict deadlines
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders by telephone, email, letter and face to face
- Previous use of a computerised property management accounting system (training in our system, TRAMPS, will be available)
- Confident user of IT including strong MS Excel skills
- Ability to use a range of computer systems
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to detect inconsistencies and recover from error
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately, processing significant volumes of invoices and receipts
- Understanding of accruals and prepayments
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn new skills and follow our procedures
- The ability and desire to work as part of a team, supporting each other to achieve all of our objectives
- Good communication skills and confidence in using these daily in a professional setting.
- Proactive/Self starter
- GCSE in English and Maths grades A – C;
- AAT qualification preferred.
Please Note: Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom to apply for this position.
Please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter telling us why you’d like to work at Fenn Wright to email@example.com .
*By sending your CV you are agreeing for your details to be saved on our database for 6 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your HR file and retained during your employment.