Commercial Agency Assistant
Salary: Good career prospects + competitive salary
Closing Date: 11 February 2022
We currently have an excellent opportunity for someone to join our commercial property team in Chelmsford as our dedicated Agency Assistant, supporting our Commercial Property Agents with a variety of different duties. This is predominantly an administration role with the addition of client and customer service responsibilities, but it also provides the opportunity for the right individual to expand their role within the commercial property team and develop a career at Fenn Wright.
Fenn Wright are East Anglia’s leading, independently-owned partnership of chartered surveyors, estate agents and property consultants who celebrate a proud history of 250 years. Our traditional business values are blended with forward thinking and contemporary methods of sales and marketing advice.
We are looking for an individual with excellent customer service and IT skills, together with a high level of attention to detail, fantastic organisation skills and a genuine desire to assist and support a small team of commercial property experts with the following tasks:
- Dealing with telephone enquiries.
- Maintaining internal and web-based database systems.
- Assisting with marketing initiatives and other general administrative support tasks.
- Undertaking viewings and inspections of commercial property.
- Preparation of marketing particulars and other agency documentation and reports.
- Liaising with clients about their premises.
- Previous property experience or customer service skills preferable.
- Ability to communicate at all levels both verbally and in written format.
- Excellent IT skills, competent in Outlook, Excel and Publisher.
- High level of attention to detail
- Able to work effectively with multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Confident when dealing with customers/clients and/or third parties by telephone and email
- Good at problem solving
- Genuine desire to be helpful to both internal and external stakeholders
- The use of IT systems such as Outlook, Office and any form of database
- Customer service experience, in particular; telephone communication
- Previous work experience in an office environment and able to demonstrate experience of handling customer or client enquiries
- Experience of working in an administration role or education studies that can evidence the completion of similar tasks
- Experience using a database would be an advantage
- Genuine interest to pursue a career in the commercial property field. Relevant qualifications may be funded by the business. For example; Msc in Real Estate
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent
- Good local knowledge of mid-Essex area will also be an advantage
- You may be required to travel to client sites so a full driving licence would be an advantage
In return, we offer a great team to work with, all very experienced in their field, so this is an excellent learning opportunity for the right individual looking to get into the property industry. We offer study support for relevant qualifications in addition to a benefits package that includes, above statutory holiday entitlement, life insurance, flexibility, and funded employee events.
At Fenn Wright we take great pride in the development and progression of our employees. We are very proud that a number of our long serving members of the team have been with us most of their career, having started when leaving school or college, and staying with us whilst enjoying the progression in their career that they have set out to achieve. We believe there is something special about a culture that has a genuine desire to retain it’s employees through supporting professional development and further study.