The RICS HomeBuyers Report (Survey & Valuation)
The RICS HomeBuyers Report (Survey & Valuation) includes all aspects of the RICS HomeBuyers (Survey) report PLUS the surveyor's professional opinion on the market value of the property and an insurance reinstatement figure.
The RICS HomeBuyers Report (Survey & Valuation) includes
- Clear ‘traffic light’ ratings of the condition of different parts of the building, services, garage and outbuildings, showing problems that require varying degrees of attention;
- Issues that need to be investigated to prevent serious damage or dangerous conditions;
- Legal issues that need to be addressed before completing your purchase;
- Information on location, local environment and energy efficiency (if available)
The report includes the following sections
- Introduction to the Report
- About the inspection
- Overall opinion and summary of the condition ratings
- About the property
- Outside the property
- Chimney stacks
- Roof covering
- Rainwater pipes and guttering
- Main walls
- Outside doors
- Conservatory and porches
- Other joinery and finishes
- Inside the property
- Roof structure
- Walls and partitions
- Fireplaces, chimney breasts and flues
- Built in fittings
- Bathroom fittings
- Gas/ oil
- Water heating
- Grounds (including shared areas for flats)
- Issues for your legal advisers
- Surveyor’s declaration
- The surveyor’s professional opinion on the ‘Market Value’ of the property
- An insurance reinstatement figure of the property
The surveyor gives condition ratings to the main parts of the building, garage and outside elements -
- Condition Rating 3 – defects that are serious and/or need repair, replacement or investigation urgently.
- Condition Rating 2 – defects that need repair or replacement but are not considered to be either serious or urgent. The property must be maintained in the normal way.
- Condition Rating 1 – no repair is currently needed. The property must be maintained in the normal way.
- NI – Not inspected.
Most completed reports will contain a mixture of ratings; the important items shown as Condition Rating 3 will need urgent repair or replacement and may be costly defects/ issues which may lead you to want to reduce your offer accordingly.
This will be based on comparable research and our Chartered Surveyors' expert local knowledge and will take into account any defects found and may again lead you to want to reduce your offer accordingly.
Ask us for a competitive quote
To discuss your specific requirements please speak to one of our chartered surveyors specialising in residential property. They will be pleased to hear from you. Or use this webform to request a quote.