RICS Property valuations

Fenn Wright Residential RICS Chartered Surveyors can undertake property valuation reports for many different reasons.

Selling property

We can undertake a valuation of your property which will give you the Market Value if you are considering putting it on the market, selling it privately or for Shared Ownership or Shared Equity.

If you are considering asking Fenn Wright to sell your home for you, you may wish to take advantage of our free market appraisal.

Buying property

We can undertake a valuation of a property that you are purchasing if you feel you don’t want or need a HomeBuyers Report (Survey) or Building Survey. Ask us for a competitive quote.

  • Help to Buy valuation -  for Help to Buy redemption purposes if you are aiming to sell your property or pay off the loan. Get a quote
  • Lease extension valuation -  to extend the lease of your flat, which is advisable if the lease only has less than 70-85 years remaining.
  • Leasehold enfranchisement valuation - if you and your fellow leaseholders wish to purchase the freehold of your block, either inside or outside the Act.

Insurance reinstatement cost

We can undertake an insurance reinstatement valuation if required by your Building insurer.

Probate / Inheritance tax (IHT)

We can undertake a Probate valuation for Inheritance Tax purposes if you have inherited a property and need a valuation for HMRC or for division of the estate or private sale. We can then defend this figure with the District Valuer if necessary.

Capital gains tax (CGT)

We can undertake a Capital Gains Tax valuation of a property you acquired or are disposing off or transferring, either now are 1982 valuation. We can then defend this figure with the District Valuer if necessary.

Expert witness

We can undertake Expert Witness reports for possible Court hearing and attendance in relation to valuation, divorce, building defect, retrospective valuation disputes.

  • Matrimonial / divorce -  single or joint valuations on properties in matrimonial / divorce proceedings, either outside of legal dispute or under Court orders.
  • Building defects - diminution in value reports in respect of building defects.

Bank borrowing

We can undertake valuation reports for secured lending where the lender is happy for you to appoint your surveyor or for lenders / bridging loan companies direct.

Valuation of garden land

We can undertake valuations for pieces of garden land when you are considering buying or selling part of a property.

  • Development appraisals - of development sites, part completed schemes and Gross Development Value of proposed schemes.
  • Viability assessments - As part of planning process and negotiations with the local authority advisors.

To discuss your specific requirements with our Chartered Surveyors please get in touch by phone or email. Or use this web form