Water and leisure property advice
Property owners looking for an indication of current market value with a view to a prospective sale, may be interested in our ‘no obligation’ market appraisal. You can read more about selling property with water here.
Valuations for secured lending
Formal valuations, or “Red Book” Valuations have to comply with the RICS Valuation Professional Standards and are commonly requested by most high street banks and building societies when assessing the viability of loans. Over the last 20 years we have collated a unique database of comparable values for all types of water and leisure properties to assist us in our specialist valuation work.
In addition to comparables we regularly analyse business accounts and collate information on rents for business throughout the UK.
Fenn Wright is on all the major high street banks' valuation panels and in we have carried out valuations of properties with water for lending purposes, throughout the UK for
- Allied Irish Bank
- Barclays Bank
- Lloyds TSB
- National Westminster Bank
- The Royal Bank of Scotland
Valuations for arbitration, mediation and litigation
We have recently valued property as independent experts for the purposes of
- Potential Compulsory Purchase for road widening scheme
- Diminution in value due to overhead power lines
- Valuation of fishery following partnership dissolution
- Matrimonial settlements
Get in touch with a RICS valuer from the Water & Leisure team to discussion your valuation needs. They will be pleased to provide a quote.
Almost every water-based leisure property, whether a fishery, sailing club, holiday accommodation or water sports venue, will require planning permission to some extent. Usually for change of use, new buildings, dwellings and construction of water features.
Many of the businesses we visit have established themselves, or grown, somewhat organically. Sometimes the need for planning permission for new developments may have been overlooked or may have only been obtained in part.
Often any retrospective planning issues can be resolved. However, if the lack of planning permission does not come to light until a property sale is in the hands of solicitors, a vendor can lose their buyer or face pressure to accept a price reduction.
You can read more about our planning advice services here.
Over the last year the Fenn Wright Water & Leisure team provided technical professional advice including:
- preparing supporting statements for proposed dwellings as part of planning applications, and for certificates of lawfulness
- lease and rent reviews for a large agricultural estate, private land owners and water companies
- business restructuring for an established commercial coarse fishery
- acting on behalf of a fish-farm in a compensation claim against the Environment Agency due to the reduction of an Abstraction Licence
- fishing rights and the potential to claim compensation due to a major infrastructure project - including those potentially affected by compulsory purchase due to HS2.
You can read more about our consultancy advice services here.