Building Surveyor Apprenticeship
Salary: Full-time, Monday – Friday, including day release for university attendance
Closing Date: 10 November 2023
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to become part of our Building Consultancy team at our head office in Stanway, Colchester. This will be an apprenticeship under the UK Government Apprenticeship Scheme. The successful candidate will attend Anglia Ruskin University on the BSc (Hons) RICS approved degree apprenticeship course in Building Surveying. Guidance and training will be provided to work towards the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence as part of your employment. More information can be found below:
You will be office-based, working under the direct instruction and supervision of Chartered Building Surveyors. As part of this role, you will spend time on sites, undertaking inspections at both ground and high level.
As commercial Building Surveyors we undertake a broad range of different types of work, from Dilapidations and Commercial Building Surveys, to Architectural Work and Project Management.
- Assisting Building Surveyors with their workload.
- Liaising with clients and contractors.
- Undertaking site inspections.
- General office administration.
- Previous property experience preferable but not essential.
- Ability to communicate at all levels both verbally and in written format.
- Excellent IT skills, competent in Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Technical drawing skills would be desirable.
- Full Driving licence essential.
- Effective organisational skills.
- Professional manner.
- Punctual with a strong motivated work ethic.
- High attention to detail.
- The candidate must be committed to the apprenticeship work/study process.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom to apply for this position.
Please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are interested in building surveying and what you will bring to the team at Fenn Wright to Nigel Berry – firstname.lastname@example.org.
*By sending your CV you are agreeing for your details to be saved on our database for 6 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your HR file and retained during your employment.