After the Government announcement that Estate and Letting Agents could reopen, we saw a 28.6% increase in traffic on fennwright.co.uk between 13th – 24th May, compared to first two weeks of the month. Rightmove reported a record 6m visitors to their site on 27th May and demand for rental properties jumped by 22% in the last two weeks of the month, compared to the same time last year. We were recently awarded ‘Most Active Commercial Agent’ in both Essex and Suffolk by the prestigious Estates Gazette, which is a fantastic achievement for our team.
To ensure the safety of both our clients and staff, our branches are currently open to the public by appointment only.
Our Residential, Commercial, Development, Water & Leisure and Farms & Estates teams are all still working either remotely or in branch.
As well as still offering virtual valuations, many of our properties have virtual viewings available and we are encouraging people to request these initially to reduce the number of physical viewings taking place.
Our teams are available to visit properties and undertake viewings, subject to all parties being in good health. We are providing written guidance to both clients and potential buyers on procedures to be adhered to when visiting properties. When we do visit we will be taking the following steps to ensure the safety of both our employees and clients:
- Where possible, we will encourage applicants to watch a virtual viewing in the first instance
- We will be asking owners, occupiers and applicants a series of questions to ascertain whether all parties are in good health
- There should be a maximum of two people from the same household at any viewing and children should not be brought to appointments if this means exceeding that number
- We request that all internal doors and windows are left open throughout for both viewings and valuations – this will limit contact with surfaces and keep the property well ventilated
- Owners or occupiers must clean the property surfaces prior to – and after – accepting visitors
- Where possible, we would encourage vendors to vacate the property whilst viewings are taking place with a member of staff and the potential buyers/tenants
- As with any viewing, owners and occupiers are asked to please ensure valuables are safely locked away and out of sight
- We will maintain social distancing and advise that vendors do the same if conducting viewings without a member of Fenn Wright staff in attendance
- Unfortunately we are currently unable to hand out printed details or business cards, but we can email a brochure to you
- Prior to a visit taking place, you will receive a confirmation email providing more information on how your appointment will take place