We are open for business
Following the latest Government announcement, we are delighted to be able to continue serving our clients and customers whilst following Government guidance which we have set out below. Our offices are open to visitors by prior appointment only but with our team working safely, both in branch and at home, we are able to service all of our clients’ needs by carefully following the guidelines.
With so many buyers and sellers hoping to complete transactions prior to the Stamp Duty holiday deadline on 31st March 2021 we wanted you to know we are here to help.
The UK Government has voted in favour of a second lockdown across England starting from tomorrow, 5th November until 2nd December.
Under the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No. 4) Regulations 2020 which underpin the second national lockdown, estate agents and removal firms can continue to work and construction sites can continue to operate.
The Regulations specifically state that activities relating to the sector are allowed to continue under the exceptions listed below to undertake any of the following activities in connection with the purchase, sale, letting or rental of a residential property:
- visiting estate or letting agents, developer sales offices or show homes
- viewing residential properties to look for a property to buy or to rent
- preparing a residential property to move into
- moving house
- visiting a residential property to undertake any activities required for the rental or sale of that property
The market stats: Demand high deep into late Autumn.
- Traffic to fennwright.co.uk was up 57% in October, compared to the same period last year and the number of new users rose by 62%
- Rightmove traffic was up almost 50% in September – the biggest annual jump since 2006
- Rightmove also report the highest number of sales ever agreed in a month; up 70% on last year
- The pace of growth is easing but sales agreed for October were up 58% nationally
- Fenn Wright are also achieving record sales numbers
- Our Sales teams are very busy liaising with buyers, sellers, solicitors and surveyors to ensure sales that have been agreed are on target to complete before the Stamp Duty deadline at the end of March next year