Residential surveying

Because Fenn Wright is a firm of Chartered Surveyors, we are able to provide RICS Surveys, RICS Valuations and professional building consultancy advice to our clients.

Why should you choose a RICS Survey?

  • Advice you can trust: RICS advice is impartial, reliable and adheres to the RICS Standards of Practice
  • Peace of Mind: you are aware of any risks associated with the property
  • Confidence in your offer: reflects the true nature of the property and any repair costs

You can choose from 3 types of RICS Survey products 

1. RICS HomeBuyers Report (Survey)

This is the most popular survey and is suitable for a modern property, or a standard older building in a reasonable condition. The report includes:

  • The condition of the property
  • Offers guidance to legal advisors
  • Highlights any urgent defects
  • Advice on defects that may affect the value of the property with repairs and ongoing maintenance advice

Read more about this survey type or ask us for a competitive quote.

2. RICS HomeBuyers Report (Survey & Valuation)

The same as RICS HomeBuyers Survey Report above PLUS it also:

  • Includes a market valuation
  • Provides advice about insurance rebuild costs

Read more about this survey type or ask us for a competitive quote.

3. RICS Building Survey

The RICS Building Survey (formerly known as a structural survey) is particularly useful for older, larger or non-traditional properties, and those that have been extensively altered - or if the buyer is planning a major conversion or renovation.

This is the most comprehensive report and provides an in-depth analysis of the condition of the property and includes defects, repairs and maintenance advice.

Read more about the RICS Building Survey or ask us for a competitive quote.

Which survey is right for you?

Having a survey is crucial whether you plan to live in the property, rent it out or sell it. Knowing the difference between a Mortgage Valuation, a RICS HomeBuyers Report (Survey or Survey & Valuation) and a RICS Building Survey is key.

A bank / lenders valuation report (that you may pay for when arranging your mortgage) is a limited check on the property that your mortgage lender requires to protect their interests -namely to ensure the property is worth the money they are intending to lend to you. There may be defects in the property that you will need to pay to put right, that do not appear in that valuation report. To protect your interests it is wise to have a RICS HomeBuyers Report (Survey) or (Survey & Valuation) or RICS Building Survey.